Sunday, November 15, 2009

Unto the Utmost Bound of the Everlasting Hills...

November 2001, and the "seven sisters" shone brightly, on a cold Harras Bahnsteig below.

"Careful, there's a Mormon around here somewhere", she said--in a dark, drunk basement in Trier. One didn't mind, being singled out--one had already differentiated oneself among the Georgetown students. "Oh, you're the one", said the program director, auf dem Domplatz...

"Beep: verified, verified", alerted the headset for the last time. Fidelity provided the series 7 & 63, but it wasn't a long-term solution; it was time to end the academic deferment and return to the Y.

It's something not seen, but true. An anchor, as it were.

Late-night cards, the "sun-eyed", and a cliché on the Lungarno Corsini... individual events met without hesitation. Finally I encounter the long-foreseen option: a weekend, or fifteen minutes, it was my decision to make. Decisions are best met under counsel, I was once advised. But especially at that time, that I may be inspired.

But the Old Testament mentions the term only twice. Maybe, it's "trust" or "hope", which makes one "sure" and "steadfast"

Lehman crashed: "Tom, I want you to manage the class actions", informed Craig. Finding the way to Goldman was fortunate, but I am making the best of the experience; now a career and a life is clear. All but one piece is in place...

"Please join us in San Francisco on the sixth", they requested--in a late email received on Friday. One feels anxious, being interviewed--one would hope that the personal essays and professional recommendations would've satisfied the "Hoyas". "Oh, you're up next", the assistant dean may say, at Embarcadero. I only have twelve months...

Saturday night, and shoulders sighed once seeing the Pleiades, at their familiar location above.

* * * * * * *








Leide und Meide...

No comments: