A political science professor once posed the following situation to one of my classes back at BYU. He asked us to imagine waking from some sort of amnesia state, to find ourselves alone in a hotel room in a major city with only our personal belongings. We had no memory of how we got there, and even less about what our purpose was. After looking through our wallet and luggage, we would learn that we were named so-and-so, and that we lived in anytown, USA, and we were in the city on that occasion for an interview at company ABC.
But our understanding of the truth would be limited to merely those observations. What preceeds and what succeeds these horizons of observation would be unknown to us. We would be faced with uncertainty, and that is the philosopher's dilemma: How can truth be defined, if we can only observe static facts, and speculate about dynamic beginnings and endings. Can truth be determined, at all, if we are unable to observe all things--past, present and future?
I'm no philosopher, I'm just a simple banker who works 60 hr weeks. But I do know one thing;
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
* * * * *
east mtn



* * * * *
east carbon


I am sure of this thing, even as I am sure of the promise of Moses;
for the Lord hath said unto me, I will preserve thy seed forever.










No comments:
Post a Comment