Monday, December 8, 2008

The Dice Was Loaded from the Start...

It's a pleasure to be blogging again. As much as I enjoyed my former blog (now held on an un-searchable escrow site somewhere in the vast WWW), I felt that it had lost the purpose that it was originally meant to serve as a reflection of my very opinionated and self-declared witty self. As things turned out, I wasn't as nearly as opinionated as I thought I was, or rather, perspectives I've developed over the 2 year life of my blog lead me to be disinterested on those subjects, upon which are commonly opinionated. In addition, my initial assumptions of my own-wittiness were discouraged, as I quickly learned that I'm not as nearly as funny as my "Discouraged Red Sox Fan" roommate or my former Los Hermanos colleague, "Claudia's Pregnant, again?" (although I will gloat so much as to declare I have a knack for the manipulation of words, which I personally find mildly witty). Finally, the increased exposure my blog held with friends (both current and former) generated an attitude of self-censorship, which I felt was both necessary yet annoying.

With that being said, my reborn desires to blog will result in postings that are less about being funny, self-glorifying, or comment-driven (common weaknesses of others' blogs), and more about what I like in my personal blog: a challenge to promote characteristics and hobbies, which I admire, and which I would hope to consider more of my own. I won't admit what sort of attributes I'm trying to strengthen; perhaps the reader will eventually recognize them for themselves. Also, the blog will be less about myself and hopefully mysterious to them, who don't know me well. Hopefully by following that method, they, who know me well, will understand and enjoy the otherwise ambiguous postings, and they, who know me less, will either abandon efforts to understand, or will make efforts to get to know me better. But I don't mean to corner myself into always blog within a specific code. Rather I expect it to be a bit more dynamic as it is, a work in progress...

If I may mention one more comment, I'd like to say that I don't expect to blog often, and hopefully follow a more "quality over quantity" approach. Also, I love the use of an elipsis ("...") and the impression that it stimulates with the reader. Please forgive me if you find such usage to be too superfluous. There's one more habit of mine that I should mention: I love the German language, and I use it often... in line with my glutonous usage of ambiguity. But contrary to the general consensus, I don't wish I was German.

I hope these comments aren't said in a way to make me sound pretentious; please know that that sort of thing is exactly something I'm trying to avoid. Anyway, so my new blog begins. I'm really excited for this...

1 comment: