Monday, March 1, 2010

Looking Over Your Shoulder and Setting Sail...

It's the first of March... the day I am due to give notice to the "ol' Blue & Gray".

The P.of G.P. tells that he was nearly sacrificed to idols in Ur. He covenanted to be glorified in the "stars and sand"--because of his righteousness, and despite his age and lack of children. Yet Abraham, "the father of nations", was commanded to sacrifice Isaac.

Wohlan, so führ uns allzugleich, zum Teil am Leiden, und am Reich.

Late Saturday night, while making the long drive from Capitol Hill to Alpine, and in a smaller measure, I sympathized.

Respectfully, I submit no acceptance, pay no deposit, and take no thought towards becoming a Hoya again. It will be Wahoowa, the Old Dominion.

* * * * *

saratoga










































* * * * *

bear canyon


* * * * *

Mit eitler Rede wird hier nichts geschafft,
Die Stunde dringt, dem Mann muß Hülfe werden.
Sprich, Fährmann, willst du fahren?

No comments: