Friday, March 26, 2010

Luna, They're Coming Down Now, and It Was Always on the Cards...

Lloyd invited me to NYC for a week over St. Patty's Day. Not for the Irish drinking & dancing--neither for the parade--but for what I believed was an exorbitant effort on the company's high supreme board of directors effort to intimidate "the little guy/employee". It can't be interpreted any other way, when one steps off the Hudson ferry at Paulus Hook and looks up at the big ol' 30 H starring back down.

So, did I get intimidated? Did I get sloshed on St. Patty's Day? No, neither. I did what any other rational visitor to New York City would do... I booked a PATH ticket to Newark, New Jersey. Jana, Dave, Melissa and I watched and cheered as the NJ Devils kicked the proverbial dust out of Sid Crosby, a Canadian, and the Pittsburgh Pens. It was the highlight of the week.

Did I only spend my per diem only on the essentials? No! Naturally, no! I treated my two very good friends studying at Columbia, Jordan (acquainted through BYU) and Jake (former district leader), to steaks and ribs at the Havana Central on the upper West Side.

Do I now return home, ranting and raving about how "amazing" NYC is? ... and how everyone should go visit there, and if you haven't, you must "certainly" be some uncultured waste of organic space? "Certainly", I do not. New York is fun... I enjoyed every minute. But it's a true city, not a tourist destination. I suggest everyone go there sometime, but when you've got an appropriate justification (such as if Lloyd's got you covered).

Thanks, Lloyd, ol' buddy. I had a wonderful time...















* * * * *

Luna, the doors are open
and you will have to start taking sides
Luna, the doors are open
you could not burn faster if you tried

No comments: